In honour of the Champions League Final, Soccer Report Extra.com brings you a bumper quiz.
Sixty questions that cover the premier European club competition from its inception in the 50s right up to today.
The quiz started on Monday and concludes today with answers to the last ten questions posted later tonight.
If you are competitive you can track your success rate, others may just want to treat it as a “did you know?” feature.
When the term “European Cup” is used it includes all aspects of the competition from 1955 to today. The term “Champions League” covers the specifics of the competition from 1992 and on.
Oh and by the way there are very few softballs so don’t feel bad.
51. True or false – A player wearing spectacles once scored the goal that knocked Real Madrid out of the European Cup?
52. Have any players won the Champions League in consecutive seasons with 2 different teams and if so how many and who were they:
53. Name the only team that has won more European Cups than domestic League Championships?
54. Harry Redknapp was the only English born manager in the last eight of the Champions League this season. Who was the last Englishman to achieve the feat, the year and the team he managed.
55. Five players have scored two goals in a Champions League Final. But only one of the five has finished up on the losing side. Who is it, who did it he play for and what year was it?
56. Real Madrid won the first five European Cups but who scored Real’s first ever goal in European competition and who was it against?
57. Which team was the first team to overturn a home loss to progress in the European Cup?
58. Name the only country to have two different cities produce two different semi-finalists?
59. Which player holds the record for most goals scored in a European Cup season?
60. Four teams have twice gone through an entire European Cup season unbeaten – can you name them?
Answers posted on Sunday.
You can also find other Soccer Report Extra.com contributors on Twitter by following this link.
Please refrain from posting comments that;
The House reserves the right to delete any such comments and to block further participation on the site.