In honour of this Saturday’s Champions League Final Soccer Report Extra.com brings you a bumper quiz.
Sixty questions that cover the premier European club competition from its inception in the 50s right up to today.
The quiz started on Monday and runs till Saturday with answers to each section posted later the same day.
If you are competitive you can track your success rate, others may just want to treat it as a “did you know?” feature.
When the term “European Cup” is used it includes all aspects of the competition from 1955 to today. The term “Champions League” covers the specifics of the competition from 1992 and on.
Oh and by the way there are very few softballs so don’t feel bad.
Questions 11 to 20
11. What is the largest winning margin in a single game and name the teams?
12. What is the record win over a two-legged tie, who were the teams and in what year?
13. Which team holds the record for the longest period of time without conceding a goal?
14. Has any team won the European Cup with a team made up entirely of players from the same country and if so who were the teams?
15. When did two teams from the same country first play each other in a European Cup match and who were the teams?
16. How many times have teams from the same country faced each other in a European Cup final? What were the teams and in which years?
17. Which player has made the most European Cup appearances?
18. Which player has won the European Cup with the most teams?
19. Who is the oldest player to take the field in a European Cup tie?
20. Who recorded the first hat trick in the European Cup?
Answers posted later today.
You can also find other Soccer Report Extra.com contributors on Twitter by following this link.
Please refrain from posting comments that;
The House reserves the right to delete any such comments and to block further participation on the site.